Thursday, March 15, 2007

4 Months Old

Today was Vera's 4 month doctor appointment. We met with a new doctor and 2 hours later we got her vacinnations done. She was a trooper and kept flirting with the doctor.
She weighs 15 pounds and is now in the 75%tile for 4 month olds
Her head is still big (like Mom and Dad's) 90%tile
She is going to be short like her Dad too 50%tile
The doctor recommended that she start on cereal. The doctor made us laugh when he thought her head was misshaped until he flatened her hair and realized it was just all that hair sticking up on one side! He found a heart murmur but he was not concerned with it. He says that there are good murmurs and bad murmurs and hers was good. (meaning nothing to be concerned about) It is hereditary and Clay just found out he has one. They are still going to monitor it at her 6 month well check up.
I was concerned that she dropped from 90% to 75% on weight. First the doctor laughed because she is still in the 75%tile for 4 months. But, we think it is a combination of my breast milk slowing down, being ready for cereal and missing a meal in the middle of the night. He was shocked to hear she was sleeping through the night and recommened we get her up after 11 hours to feed. I told him I wanted her back up in the 90%tile and again he laughed at me and said she is so healthy now just look at her rolls!
She didn't cry when they gave her the shots but did when the medicine went in. Atleast she is so young that she doesn't get it. My friend informed me that the next vaccination she will look at me like why did you let them do that..... I will blame it on Daddy!
It is still hard to believe that Vera is 4 months old already.. TIME GOES BY SOOO FAST. Clay and I are trying to enjoy every moment!

5 comments:

beth ewing said...

time does go by fast. glad to hear she is doing so well.

you are too funny wanting her to be bigger.

Brittny said...

I know exactly what you mean!! Marty got 5 shots, and a finger prick today at his 1 year check-up. I felt so bad when we layed him on the table and he gave us that scared look. Holding him down....was even worse! She's so adorable and getting big! Im glad she did well with her shots

Anonymous said...

Wow she just keeps growing... but then again that is what kids do! I am glad her heart murmer turned out okay. I have one too so it is sorta scary! Have fun with the cereal!!! I can't wait to see those pics :)

Jess said...

Heart mummer....scary! I am glad to hear that there are goods too and that is the kind she has. Keep us posted. Anyways sounds like Vera is doing amazing. I love the story about the Dr and her hair. We all love her wild and crazy hair! I also have to agree that it has lightened up a bit and it is longer in the front. Anyways she is a strong girl and when the time comes when she gives you "the look" over the shots she gets...blaming it on daddy sounds like a great idea!! (wink wink)

Anonymous said...

I knew Vera would be a trooper with her shots, just like her Aunt Mindy & Uncle Nash. She is so cute. Glad everything went well & she just keeps getting cuter. I love the story about the dr. & her hair. I love you guys. Keep the pics & stories coming. Love Aunt Mindy