Monday, May 19, 2008

what a weekend

What a crazy weekend...
After getting home around midnight from painting the house I woke up at 6am with the flu (coming out both ends, yuck). Needless to say I was no help on Saturday. Luckly I had some medicine from my OB that helped me survive the day and wonderful friends to help us out. Clay took the role of myself and him and did a fantastic job. They managed to get the house unpacked and everything unloaded by 3:00 in the afternoon. To top the evening off Vera spilled water on our laptop and it is broken. Our lifeline is not working.... We made it an early night and when we woke up on Sunday Vera had pucked all over her crib during the night. When it rains it pours... She is fine now and so am I! We are in the process of unpacking before Charlie arrives.
I have many people to thank.....
Stephanie, Beth and Jayme- for watching Miss Vera for me
Kim and Ryan- for helping me unpack the kitchen early (lifesaver)and cleaning the carpet
Ryan, Ray, Dave, Brooke and family- for painting
Dave, Matt,Becky, Jeremy, Jesse, Ben, Migel, Jon- for helping us move
Kenny- for helping us move and letting us use your trailer...
I hope I did not miss anyone....
I promise to have pictures soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor baby. I am so sorry you had a bug for the big move. Glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself, Charlie will be arriving any day. Can't wait to see pics of the house. Glad Miss V. is feeling better too. Thank goodness for GOOD FRIENDS!!!!! Love You All !!!! Aunt Mindy

Anonymous said...

Granddaughter, You are amazing -
AND you are blessed to have such
great friends. Love you guys
very much, take care

G-Ma Dreyer

Unknown said...

Thank God it sounds like the worse is over and you are moved. Just think...your next big adventure is going to be bringing a new baby into your home! Keep smiling...love you girl!

Wally & Leah Hansen said...

Yuck! We've all had the stomach flu here too and it is NO fun. I was the last to get hit and that occurred this weekend too. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. It sounds like you had alot of help. Aren't friends wonderful. Well I can't wait to see pics.

Berger Family said...

I am sooo sorry you both got sick. You are superwoman Nadia, I don't know how you did it all. You are so well loved by everyone.

Jason and Carrie said...

Wow! What a weekend! I'm sure it felt like pure craziness (not to mention yuckiness!) Sounds like you had a heck of a crew helping you!

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

What a weekend! Take care of yourself....RELAX! You have some hard work ahead...
Will be praying for you.