Friday, May 30, 2008

he came on his due date...

The Story...
I started having contractions on Wednesday around 4ish. They were 15 minutes apart and not that strong. By 1am they were every 5 minutes apart and strong. Clay and I headed up to the hospital and by the time we got there they were 3 minutes apart and very painful. I got my epideral and soon after my water broke or you could say, gushed. I progressed so rapidly that Charlie's heart rate could not keep up. We tried everything to get it back up but in the end I was rushed in for an emergency c-section. It was very scary but I felt well taken care of and knew this was what was best for his health. He was a big baby, head facing the wrong way and refused to drop into the birth canal.
I am recovering nicely and hope to go home tomorrow..... I think he looks just like me as a baby minus the forehead (dead ringer of Dad's). He is nursing great and Miss Vera does not seem to phase him one bit. I can now say I have experienced all types of labor... I have been induced, natural childbirth, natural labor progression and a c-section. I think that is a sign I am done.... Before my epideral I told Clay he could go get an vasectomy and that we were done (boy those contractions hurt). God just gave us a true blessing! A girl and boy, what more can you ask for....
Thanks for all the comments! Clay won the ExpectNet contest unless you count Amy's two guesses...!

10 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations! I hope that your recovery goes well - the baby is beautiful!!

Wally & Leah Hansen said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely gorgeous! Hope you are recovering well and get to go home today.

Anonymous said...

Nadia, it was so good to talk to you today. Glad you are feeling better, you will feel much better when you are home. Charlie is adorable. I think he looks just like you & Nash when you two were born. Congrats!!!! I love you all very much. Brandy is so excited to be a Godmother. Just as I was when I became your Godmother. Love Aunt Mindy

Monica~ James~ Connor said...

Wow what a story!!! I still can't believe that he was born on his due date..that is so rare. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and Connor sends little Charlie and Miss Vera a big hug!

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful! I think Charlie has your nose...minus the "hangy down thing!" Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Nadia - I am so happy for you and Clay.......now your family is
complete - how wonderful for you!
This Gr. grandma is in seventh
heaven.....can't wait to meet, hold
and do some lovin on Charlie and
Miss V. I love you all very, very
much. Take care of yourself....

G-Ma Dreyer

Berger Family said...

It is definately a blessing to have a healthy baby even if he gave you a scare. We pray you have a speedy recovery.

Rains Family said...

Yes my 2 guesses should count!! Nadia, we are so happy for you guys to have a healthy and beautiful baby. Make sure you get lots of people to help you with Miss V and you should recover in no time!!

Jess said...

You are too funny! Your little story made me laugh! I thought for sure you both would want more then 2 kids! 2 is the max for us. But I think we really want a sibling for miss makenna!! we will see!!

Briana, Oliver and Sophie Stolley said...

Congrats Nadia! He is very handsome and looks just like you!
We wish you the best...
Love, Briana, Ollie & Sophie Stolley