Sunday, March 02, 2008

our family our house

No more bottles for Vera! This week we stopped the late night bottle. She had no trouble drinking her milk from her cup while watching her baby einstien!


Enjoying some Daddy time before church this morning...



Clay and I sat down and had a heart to heart about the house we are going to buy.... Although we are not happy with the situation on post and living in this small place we feel this move is not the best thing for us right now. He is really worried about the market and where the economy is going right now. We don't want to loose money when we turn around and sell it 12 to 15 months from now. I am upset that we do not get to move into this beautiful home, but, we have to do what is best for our family. Clay is so busy with work right now that a move would just add more pressure for him. In the end it doesn't matter the size of the house but who is in it! All I need is my husband and two kids and I am happy!......
The good news is Charlie's room is already painted and in a year we will be packing up to move again and start our lives in the Aquisition Corp!

11 comments:

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

Amen to that... the economy is really sucky right now!

Koontz Family said...

I am sorry about the house. But just think...the time you have left here will go by so quickly and you will be out of here before you know it!

NesrstaFamily said...

The housing market is one reason we also decided not to buy, well, that and moving so dang much. I want a house of my own so badly too, but I also think to myself...maybe someday...Ryan and I will settle down and buy a home. I hear ya sista and I am sorry as well.

Wally & Leah Hansen said...

Well I'm sorry to hear about the house but hey it's one less thing you have to do and it really would stink to get stuck in a year or so. It does stink when plans fall through though so I'm sorry.

Monica~ James~ Connor said...

I know you are probably disappointed, but I know the market is terrible right now. We too would love a new house, but just not knowing how things are going to be with Connor right now we too have to wait. I agree that it's not the home but the love of the family in it. Atleast it's one less stress on the both of you right now. Big hugs...

Berger Family said...

I'm sure it was a tough decision, but it will be for the better, especially if you're going to be moving in a year. Just think, it'll be less stress down the road.

Rains Family said...

Sorry to hear about the house, but it sounds like you guys are doing what is best for you-- and that is what matters most! Just think, Clay won't have to re-paint the walls :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Clay and Nadia,
Your wisdom and maturity never
cease to amaze me. I know it was
hard but you guys have made the best decision considering the
market AND you don't need the
stress of moving with Charlie on the way......Luv you - all 3 of you
very, very much.

G-Ma Dreyer

Jess said...

I agree with you! I am sad for you cause I know how unhappy your are with the current housing situation, but you are doing it all for the right reasons and with moving in a little over a year, I have to agree that this is a good decision. I didn't realize you would be leaving there in a little over a year.

The Aliaga Family said...

Good choice! You've got too many things going on right now to deal with a move and then another move soon after. Charlie won't need time to run for a while!

Becky said...

It must be disappointing but as long as it is the right decision for you - it is the right decision. Good job not getting caught up in keeping up with the Jones's - it can be tempting!