Thursday, March 13, 2008

ohio bound

We left today for Ohio... Vera will be staying with Grandma Carol over the weekend while Clay and I go to a wedding up in Cleveland. This is the first time I have been away from Vera for more than a few hours. I know this is HUGE, but when Charlie is born my Mom will come down to watch Vera so we want her to be used to it. I think I will miss her more than she misses us.....She is going to be busy this weekend and I hope my Mom will take tons of photos for me so I can post them but I can't promise you anything....
Wish me luck...... I miss her already and I haven't left her yet......
Vera was having fun climbing in and out of the suitcase grabbing her paci and baby doll....

9 comments:

Monica~ James~ Connor said...

It's hard with your first...trust me I'm the same way! I've never left Connor for more than probably 12-13 hours either (and that was only when i was working at the hospital!) She'll be fine. I know your mom will love all the time with her! Have a fun & safe trip!

Rains Family said...

What a big step! She'll be in great hands, grandma knows best! Good luck to you guys and hope you have a blast at the wedding!

Team Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason and Carrie said...

I'll say some prayers for ya... I couldn't do it! But it will be nice to have an adult only weekend :)
I love Vera's outfit in these pics!

beth ewing said...

hang in there girl. i haven't left miller yet overnight but only b/c we live thousands of miles away from family. it will be good to have time with your hubby and it will build her independence.

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

woooeeee, i guess it will be hard for you guys! but she will be in great hands w/ Grandma Carol! I know they both will love every minute of it so you and Clay just try to relax and get some couple time in for the two of you! you guys deserve it and it won't be long before Charlie arrives... have fun!

Koontz Family said...

Have a great weekend! I know it will be hard (I can't even have some else put Emma to bed for the night), but you and Clay deserve some alone time before Charlie arrives. I bet Grandma Carol is so excited for Vera's first slumber party!!!

Jess said...

wow this is a BIG DEAL!! i am so excited that you are going to experience this though, i think it will be good for you and clay as well as little miss Vera!

Anonymous said...

I know it will be hard, but grandma Carol & Miss V. will have a great time. You & Clay enjoy your time together. It won't be long before Charlie arrives. It will be good for everybody. Miss V. will be fine. Love You!! Have Fun!!! Aunt Mindy