Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Memorial



On September 11th our friend, Scott Shimp was in a fatal helicopter accident. There helicopter hit wires during a foggy flight and left 3 soldiers dead. Clay was contacted immediately and spent the rest of the week contacting people they worked with. Clay and Scott were platoon leaders at Fort Carson. They were roommates during their first tour to Iraq. We have found memories of Scott and he will always be remembered as a great friend and a proud soldier. His memorial service was yesterday at Fort Campbell Kentucky were he was stationed. We drove up Sunday evening and returned Monday evening. Please say a prayer for peace for his parents, brother and sister.

9 comments:

NesrstaFamily said...

I have tears in my eyes. Ryan knew him during flight school and we are sad over here. I was wondering if I could grab your picture and put it on my site as well. That was beautiful Nadia and we are saying our prayers. Thank you.

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

So sad...

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

P.S. when that song came out... I immediately took to it because I knew Will was leaving soon. Love that song!

Jason and Carrie said...

I thought about you and Clay all day yesterday. Thank you for sharing Scott's story with us. His family is in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

NAD AND CLAY I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIEND.YOU ARE ALL IN OUR PRAYERS.

LOVE AUNT MELODIE

beth ewing said...

army aviation is such a small community...like a family at times. that's one of the things i love.

i'm so sorry and i'll definitely pray for his family.

Anonymous said...

Why does God seem to take the good ones? He was a Patriot. Nice job Nadia & Clay.
Love,
Dad D

Anonymous said...

Nadia & Clay, I am so sorry to hear about your buddy & fellow soldier. We are saddened by the news. Just know that his family & You & Clay are in our thoughts & prayers. We Love You!! Uncle Mike & Aunt Mindy

Rains Family said...

So sad to hear about Scott, I am shocked. He was the nicest guy. Jeff and I will keep his family in our prayers.