Sunday, February 25, 2007

Life's a Beach!


Vera and I made it home from Florida to a cold and rainy Missouri. Dad was so happy to see us and thinks she grew in the week we were gone.
We had a great time in Florida. I hope you check out the video. This was taken right from the porch of our condo.....
We stayed very busy while we were in Florida. We had scheduled a family picture with a photographer on the beach but the weather was not cooperating. We did get pictures taken but at a park. They are not on the site yet but when they are posted I will inform everyone. Clay and I went to visit his Aunt and Uncle on Saturday night with his best friend and Vera's God Father, Chris. Vera's Great Grandma and Grandpa Dreyer came down to visit their grandkids for the weekend too. Clay had to leave on Monday to get back to class. The rest of the week was filled with beach days and pool days. My Grandma Johnson had a tea party for the girls too!
The plane ride was eventful. I traveled by myself on the way home which was interesting. I had a lot of nice people help me with the stroller which was nice. Vera did great on the plane. She just cried on the take off and landing because of her ears. She will be a veteran flyer soon. Her and I head to Cincinnati in two weeks!
Hope you enjoy the pictures!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Great pictures too. I am sure you were loving the new camera. I bet the weather was a nice change from what you were used to! Take care and give that sweet baby a hug for me!

Anonymous said...

Gr-G-ma & Gr-G-Pa Dreyer had a ball
with our beautiful great grand
babies. They are so very, very
precious. Vera is gorgeous,
Will is precious and Ella is a
"hoot". We loved being with them.

FROM G-Ma and G-pa Dreyer

beth ewing said...

the pictures look great and it looks like she enjoyed the pool. what did she think of the ocean? i'm glad she was able to put her outfit to good use. and i'm glad you guys had fun. i guess it's back to winter and the real world.

Duncan Family said...

yes, it is yucky here in MO... Only a month left and we will be out of here!

Anonymous said...

A little advice I learned with my little sister: Feeding the baby during the take off and landing will keep her ears from popping (because of the sucking motion). I'm sure someone has told you this before, but I know it worked with my little sister a couple of years ago. But, you know all babies have their own personalities!

Duncan Family said...

Thanks for the advice... I have Vera on a schedule and she was not due to eat either flight. She also has bad acid reflux right now so she is not a happy camper after she eats. The pacifier helped a lot too.

Jess said...

LOVE LOVE the pictures. I saw them last night and forgot to write a comment cause I am a dork. Anyways it looks like you had a wonderful time and that Vera completely enjoyed herself. Love the one's where you are in the water and the one of her toes in the sand.

Jess said...

okay just finished looking at the album on the right side of your page. I didn't know that was an album and let me just say.....love ALL of the pictures. Vera seems so happy and is smiling all the time. I love her little sun hat and yes the dress Beth got you is adorable! And your niece Ella is beautiful. I can't believe she is already 3 years old. How fun was that to have a girls "tea" party! And you look beautiful and so happy. Vera brings out the best in you. You can see it in your smile and your eyes! And I like your hair straight. I am having issues with mine. Not sure what to do with it. Anyways love the pictures and your hubby is a sweetheart. What an awesome gift of a new camera. PERFECT!!

Anonymous said...

THAT FLORIDA SUNSHINE SURE LOOKS GOOD. WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE TO SEE VERA IN HER NEW SWIMSUIT. SHE LOOKS SO DARNED CUTE. HER LITTLE FEET ARE ADORABLE TOO. CLAYTON, I HOPE YOU ARE NOT SO STRESSED OUT TODAY. THINGS WILL GET BETTER IN ARKANSAS. TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME. I LOVE YA ALL, G

beth ewing said...

arkansas? what is in arkansas?

Duncan Family said...

Alabama....