Monday, January 19, 2009

what a great weekend....

What a trip... From Charlie's 1st airplane ride, driving through a terrible snow storm, frigid weather, falling down the stairs with Charlie in my arms, many feet of snow, a bad back, good food and strolls down memory lane.....
LOT'S and LOT'S of FUN!

Charlie at the airport! He did a great job....

Charlie crawling backwards!

Miss Makenna! (Last time I saw her she was just a few weeks old)

All bundled up....


Look at all that snow... We woke up to a few feet of snow! I asked for snow and Watertown, NY delivered!!!!

Jess showing Charlie the snow! I LOVE THIS PICTURE

Getting ready to shovel some snow!!!



All bundled up for the snow...

Look at those baby blues...

My baby boy!

Michelle with Charlie (So glad I got to meet you! Can't wait for the "ladies trip")

Jess and her baby girl!

Can you find Jess in this picture... Check out how high the snow was!!!



Bubble bath!


We missed our connection flight. Charlie took a snooze during our long layover!


It was nice to see snow and even better to come home to 60 degree weather! With a few bruises on me (Charlie was not hurt during my fall), a little tired and missing Vera and Clay I had a GREAT TIME!
Thanks Clay for taking such good care of Vera and the house! Thanks Jess for showing us a good time and being such a great person and friend!!!! I can't wait for you to come down to some warm weather!



10 comments:

Koontz Family said...

I bet shoveling the snow was a great workout! I don't miss that at all. You fell down the stairs? What happened? I bet it was wonderful to see Jess again and I bet she was extatic to see you!

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

so glad you had fun! looks like you did ;)

Jason and Carrie said...

I bet you had such a fun trip/adventure! We're still waiting for a good snow here in Cincy... but hopefully not like that! My Lordy! Charlie and Makenna are two cute kids!

Wade Family said...

Wow...sounds like you had an eventful trip. I'm sure it was great seeing the beautiful snow, but that was a lot!!! Glad you made it home safely. Charlie's a real trooper!

Ray, Jayme, Caeleb, Alaura & Hailey said...

WOW!!!! What a beautiful sight! I would be happy with just a foot of snow... LOL! I am glad you had such a great time! Great pictures!!!!!

Brooke and David said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend getaway! I love the snow!

I'm excited about the girls trip...even if it is years away! :)

NesrstaFamily said...

Oh my gosh! That looked like so much fun and I bet Jess was so happy to see y'all.

Epperson Family said...

How awesome I love all that snow I can't wait to see you in a few weeks And yes I finally posted pictures

Jess said...

I too had the best time! Thank you so much for taking the time to come and see me and letting me meet your wonderful baby boy mr Charlie...he is just adorable and perfect! I miss you both already and Miss Makenna looks for Charlie all the time! Until my trip down....i will talk to you later!

Sarah said...

Looks like a great trip except for your fall - how scarey?! Have you recovered?