Saturday, February 02, 2008

clay's getaway

GUS and GAL- (summer 07')
Well... I had this big weekend planned for Clay's 30th. Aunt Lisa and I planned a trip to Colorodo. I worked my magic and managed to get him off work without him knowing and planned the trip. We headed down to Tallahasee on Thursday night to stay the night and catch a 6am flight the next morning. When we got to the airport they informed us that the flight was canceled and the only way they could get us to Colorado was taking three flights and getting in late afternoon/evening. I wanted this trip to happen but there was no way we were going to put Vera through all that traveling and plan rides. We managed to get credit for our flights and headed home. Might of been for the best... The whole family is suffering from colds and we are enjoying a slow weekend together!

10 comments:

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

bummer... well, it's the thought that counts!

Koontz Family said...

I am sorry that your plans didn't work out. On the other hand, I am glad that we get to spend superbowl Sunday together!

Dreyer Family said...

So sorry about your trip guys. You can never go wrong when you're together as a family though! Happy Birthday Clay! Kel

Jason and Carrie said...

That stinks Nad! Hope the weekend still turned out nice for you.

Love your new banner!!!

Monica~ James~ Connor said...

That really stinks...but I can totally understand not wanting to do all of that traveling with a little one. Hope you all still managed to have a great weekend!!

Sarah said...

That is a bummer! I'm sure Clay appreciated your efforts! Tell him "Happy 30th" for us!

Rains Family said...

What a bummer! Airlines are terrible! Hope you still enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend....

Berger Family said...

Too bad. I'm sure he had a great birthday anyway celebrating with his little girl and thoughtful wife.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your trip. Probably was for the best. There is always next time. Hope you all feel better soon. Love Ya! Aunt Mindy

Jess said...

DARN IT!! You were so excited and so was I that you planned that whole thing!! Well looks like you had a wonderful week together to far. With us being gone I have lots to catch up on. Glad you got the package!! The wine stopper is for the Riuniti when you can habe some again!!! LOL!!! Miss you tons!! Love you girl!!