Saturday, August 22, 2009

namesake

Charlie is named after my Grandfather! His wife, Colleen who my middle name is after made this drawing of the portrait that was taken at 4 months old. I am so proud to have a son named after my Grandpa and if he turns out half the man that my Grandpa is he is he will be an amazing man!
Thanks to Grandma Colleen for your unbelievable artistic talent and being such wonderful great grandparent!
Our children are very lucky to have 4 great grandma's and 2 great grandpa's. I still remember playing cards with my Great Grandma when I was 16! I know my children will have the same wonderful memories too!We love you Johnson's, Dreyer's, Nana and Phylis!!!

5 comments:

Koontz Family said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person!

Unknown said...

Very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Nadia,
I'm so glad you respect the family heritage; although I'm not surprised. You learned well. That photograph and drawing is something your son can fall back on throughout his life as he examines his own legacy. You are amazing!
Love,
Dad D

Ray, Jayme, Caeleb, Alaura & Hailey said...

That is AWESOME!!!!!

Jason and Carrie said...

Very cool! Grandma is so talented!