Thursday, April 02, 2009

sick again....



Just when we thought Mr. Charlie was on the mend he gets sick again. The weather has been very nasty down here and could be a contributing factor. But, his x-rays also showed the beginning stages of pneumonia. We got a referral for a second opinion for a pulmonologist in Birmingham and a referral to see a pediatric ENT and Allergist. If that doesn't work our next step is heading up to Cincinnati to the Children's Hospital where my sister-in-law works.
We are hoping to get some better answers. He is still a happy little guy just wheezing like crazy and runny nose....
I know with the antibiotic he is on he will get a diaper rash. My fellow bloggers gave me such great advice last time and I was hoping to get that again! I want to prevent as much as possible.
Although I love a naked baby running around.....

9 comments:

Koontz Family said...

Poor guy :( Hang in there Mommy and Charlie! Wish I was there to help out. Keep us up to date and hopefully you will get some much needed answers soon!

Unknown said...

We are praying for you guys! I can't imagine what you are going through...you're one tough mommy!!! Love you,girl!!!

Wally & Leah Hansen said...

Yuck! I hate to hear that he is sick again. He just can't catch a break. Not sure if I mentioned the last time but the probiotic Biogaia is great for kids on antibiotics. It can limit and even prevent diarrea from the antibiotics. We use it everytime. They have a variety of kid friendly ways to give it.

Berger Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear Charlie's sick. No parent wants to see their child this way. Stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Poor Charlie & Poor Mommy. We will
pray for him to get all better.
Tell Charlie his step stool is on
the way - we love you all

God Bless
G-Ma Dreyer in Florida

Ryan, Kim and Caroline said...

Man, if it isn't one thing its another. I sure hope Charlie feels better soon! Keep us posted! XOXO

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

Calmoseptine!!!
You can buy this over the counter, the pharmacist will have to order it for you though.
This is what we use on the skin team at Cincinnati Childrens.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear Charlie is sick again. Hey in there mommy & daddy. We are praying for him to get better. Love You Guys!! Aunt Mindy

Jessica said...

Poor Charlie. I sympathize with you guys. I went thru all of that as both having asthma and watching Elijah with asthma. He's pretty much out grown it now. Wish I had.

I hope you get the treatment and answers you need. If it's any consolation my asthma was always worse in winter. With summer almost here maybe his will be the same. Even now as an adult when I start having an attack, I feel better when I get outside into the fresh air.