Thursday, May 05, 2011

california

Clay travels about half of each month for work.... No fun having him away so much but this time I took advantage of his trip and joined him! He had to go to San Diego for a conference which happened to be during the week of spring break. I drove the kids up to Ohio to spend some quality time with their grandma's, Aunt's, Uncle and cousins while we enjoyed some quality time together!
Clay had top secret briefings during the day which gave me a great excuse to shop! We had a blast working out together without two little ones in between our feet! I enjoyed a much needed message and loved finding cool places to get lunch for us each day (thanks to my awesome iphone). We love the Food Network show MVF, Man Verses Food and tried out each of the restaurants he showcased in the area. When we arrived in San Diego we snuck in a trip to the zoo! On our last day there we took a kayak trip on the ocean. We saw dolphins, tiger sharks, sea lions and went into some cool caves!
All together a great trip to spend some romantic and quality down time together! But, I would not change being a MOM for anything! I missed them so much and could not imagine my life without them!
at zoo


At Phil's BBQ eating the best onion rings I've ever tasted
Phil's BBQ



driving through Little Italy

yummy indian in downtown san diego

outside our resort balcony (torrey pines golf club)

clay working through lunch

minutes from our resort, Lajolla Beach

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy for you...you deserve it!! Love ya:)