Monday, July 06, 2009

potty training

We started potty training Vera last week....
Monday when V woke up I told her she was a big girl and had to say bye bye to her diapers and give them to her baby brother because diapers are for babies.....
We went to Walmart and I let her pick out big girl underware and her treat she would get when she went potty!
Thanks to Brooke and Kim for keeping me company while I stayed at home all week (a hard task for me!).
Vera is doing a fantastic job! Better than I expected!!!
She is peeing on the potty all by herself and loves to flush, wash her hands, get her sucker and track her progress with stickers. We are still working on poo poo on the potty. Yesterday was our first day out! Wish us luck with potty in the public!

Vera's potty jar!

she picked out these undies.. I could not say no! A great memory when she is older!!!
CARS! She loves her cars movie!
being silly before bathtime

she loves watching it!

the first two days we sat on the potty and watched a lot of tv... Bubba got to join in too!

she even made Uncle Dave read to her!

8 comments:

Jess said...

YEAH Vera!! Makenna too has been wearing her big girl underwear all day the last 2 days. You are such a big girl and we are proud of you!

Koontz Family said...

Way to go Miss V!!!! You are such a big girl! We love you!

Berger Family said...

Great! Eliana hasn't had an accident for over a week.

Ray, Jayme, Caeleb, Alaura & Hailey said...

AWESOME!!! Way to go Vera! Just make sure you bring plenty of extra clothes with you! With my kids I just let them run around the house naked!

economicprostitute said...

That is Awesome!! Potty in the public is fun for Zoe. I swear everywhere we go she has to use their bathroom. I love the potty jar!

Jason and Carrie said...

Love the panties Vera! And what cute ideas to help the process... I might have to borrow some!

The Steward Family said...

Way to go Vera! I love the cars undies! That is too funny!

Jenn

Rains Family said...

Hooray Vera! I love the underwear too :) Staying home is the worst part, it only gets better from here!