Tuesday, February 03, 2009

time out mat


I have had a lot of people notice Vera's "time out mat". Yes, she goes into time out at least once a day. (Remember she is 2 years old!)
I made this because the ones I found online were too pricey for me. I was going to make it super fancy and pretty but than decided simple was the way to go. (Time Out is not FUN so why should her mat be fun) She knows what it is and why she goes into time out. We go 2 minutes ( a minute for each year she is). After time out I tell her why she had to take a time out and than she tells me SORRY MOMMY! ....


I suggest time out for anyone! GOOD LUCK

8 comments:

Koontz Family said...

I was going to comment about that on the kissy post. I just bought a stool that I am going to paint for Emma's time out. It is getting close to that time for us already.

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

lol great minds think alike! i made mine out of a poster board and it works. maybe one of these days i'll post mine?

Jason and Carrie said...

Oh no... I had no idea you had to start with time-outs!!! Jaycie is close behind... terrible twos here we come!

Wally & Leah Hansen said...

Yup, we have to do that too. Parker has a time out mat and I agree it works great. He's not in it often however when you tell him not to do something and he looks at you as if to say "are you gonna make me?" Well let's just say there has to be something to back me up when he does it anyways. Gotts love stubborn children. Though after all he is my child.

Anonymous said...

Nadia - I find it hard to believe that my beautiful great-grandbaby ever needs a "time-out". Just
kidding - this just proves she is
a perfectly normal, healthy cute
little girl!

Luv
G-Ma Dreyer in florida

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but does Clay fit on the Mat?
Love Granny Candy

Andriot family said...

I love the mat idea! I have to use time-outs quite a few times a day!