Wednesday, July 16, 2008

we made it safe....

Aunt Annie, Vera, Charlie and I made it to Cincinnati safe. We left a few days earlier than planned and decided to drive all the way through. A 10 hour drive took 14 hours. We had to stop every few hours for me to nurse Charlie. After being stuck on the highway from a accident we got redirected thanks to my Father-in-law and that added 2 hours to our trek.... V stayed awake until the last 5 minutes of the trip and passed out. I ended up driving the whole way and Aunt Annie took care of the kids (THANK YOU). Charlie was a gem and they both slept great that night! Since I came early I took advantage and am relaxing at my Mom's!......

8 comments:

Koontz Family said...

I am glad to hear you all made it safe. Way to go driving all the way through in one shot! Kuddos to Aunt Annie! Send me your mom's address so I can get the package in the mail. I love and miss you guys so much.

Unknown said...

Vera sure looks cozy with her blanket, pacifier, and head rest!!! Can't wait to see her again!

beth ewing said...

of course i knew you made it safe but wow...what a trip. i'm sure that doesn't make you too excited to come back by yourself.

Jason and Carrie said...

That is a LONG trip! That's great that the kids did so well! See you soon :)

Monica~ James~ Connor said...

Wow, that is a long trip!! Hope you enjoy your trip seeing your family. I hate that we couldn't have timed it that we were there at the same time since we are going to be up there next month to see Nash & Kelly. I would have loved to have seen you & the kiddos!

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

Glad to see you made it safe! I love roadtrips!!

Berger Family said...

you are so brave

Jess said...

Yeah....how much fun! I hope you have a great trip and look forward to catching up with you.